Share This

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

UPDATE!!!! -- Mary Fallin Campaign Obtaining Your Cell Phone # Through Deception

{{w|Mary Fallin}}, member of the United States...Image via Wikipedia














**********UPDATE!!!!*********
I had planned to write a blogpost today, detailing the specific campaign violations involved in this incident. However, I have been advised to contact the Oklahoma Ethics Commission, and the Attorney General's office, before going fully public. I am currently awaiting a call back from the Ethics Commission, for the steps needed to file an official complaint, for what they said sounded like a "very deceptive practice".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




I was looking at Mary Fallin's Campaign Tweets, when I came across this one

Text "BECK" to 68683 and you'll be entered 2 win a pair of tickets 2 see Glenn #Beck LIVE in Tulsa. (Standard text messaging rates apply)

So, I did, and received this reply

Good luck, and thanks for entering! You've also been added to Fallin 4 Governor mobile club. rply STOP GOMARY 2 optout. stdrd txt rts apply.

I don't have a problem with her campaign having a giveaway, in order to elicit a larger response. I do, however, have a problem with her campaign being sneaky about obtaining my info!

Does anyone else have a problem with this?


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

blogger templates | Make Money Online