Share This

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, April 23, 2009

What Does it Mean to be Conservative?

Got into a debate with a very liberal person on Twitter today, and it got me thinking. What does it mean to be Conservative? I call myself Conservative, and  say it with pride, and even a little chest-thumping, but what do I really mean by it? So, I decided to kind of define what Conservative means to me! So, without further ado......


A Conservative.....

  • believes the constitution is a moral guide to good govt, not just an historical document!

  • believes in the principles of Godly Government set forth by the Founding Fathers!

  • still believes in America and doesn't spend all of his time apologizing for being American!

  • "in God we Trust" & "We the People" & "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness" 

  • personal responsibility, not entitlements, and handouts!

  • defending America's borders. protecting American Freedoms. STOPPING the expansion of bloated government spending!

  • REDUCING SPENDING, CUTTING TAXES, ENCOURAGING ACHIEVEMENT AND SUCCESS THRU HARD WORK & DEDICATION!

  • believing in American Dream, & working for it, NOT Waiting for a Government HANDOUT, OR to HIT THE LOTTO, and CALLING THE WEALTHY,"LUCKY"

That is what conservative is to me!
I AM A CONSERVATIVE! A FUNDAMENTAL, PENTECOSTAL, CHRISTIAN, FORMER SOLDIER, AND SMALL BUSINESS OWNER FROM A SMALL TOWN, WHO LOVES AMERICA!!!



blogger templates | Make Money Online