Share This

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Politics in Politics?

Did you know that politics is very political? As usual, what seems obvious, is something that also tends to slip past our conscious undestanding. Being new to the pooitical arena, and really wanting to see the best in people, I have made some mistakes. Turns out, not everyone can be trusted when it comes to politics! SURPRISE!!


I have apparently made enemies of several local political figures, because I don't play by the rules the way they want me to. I don't immediately crumble under when they apply pressure, just because they are "the media". 

Early in the plannng stages of the April 15 Tea Party, we were approached by a local writer, and self-proclaimed Conservative news reporter, about helping us with the Tea Party. Not really knowing who he was, but being grateful for help, we agreed to meet with him. After spending a couple of hours meeting with him, there was a consensus among the members of the committee, that the writer did not fit with the group, nor with the ideals of the Tea Party. He was strongly opinionated against the only politicians in the area, who are acceptable to the Tea party ideas. In fact, he posted a scathing attack on one of our favorite Tea Party supporters! 

When it was decided that he was not someone we wanted involved in the planning, he was initially conciliatory, but then, after the Tea Party, his reporting on the event was a less than stellar, and when I corrected his numbers, he reacted in typical, self-righteous, insider fashion. 

Here is that conversation:
ME: ,
The only problem I have with your article, is the grossly under reported numbers. Official crowd estimates were 3200 at La Fortune, 2100 Downtown, and 1700 at Veteran’s Park. Your reporting of 300 at the Downtown Event is so far off as to be Laughable! I was at the first event in Veteran’s Park on Feb 27, and we had nearly 400 there! The crowd downtown in the Plaza was AT LEAST, 5 times that crowd. Please, correct the numbers, or quote your sources for the counts, so that they can be addressed.
His Reply:
Sometimes it is easy to see how little you know about media. 

 

Thank you for your comments six days after the event.  If you will - please quote your sources for the April 15 attendance number (official count how and by whom) or would you like us to quote you by name in what could well appear to be an obviously self-serving estimate?   In all regards, Feb. 27 is not being discussed and please do not include those numbers in regard to April 15. 

 

Someday soon I will write an analysis of the Tulsa events as I saw them and I will include some of the detail leading up to that day's activity.  Feel free to write by return mail for inclusion of any fact or opinion if you like and, if it is accurate/entertaining enough, I may include your comments.  In  particular, please explain your effort to "strong arm" KRMG and any background on my having "too many enemies to participate" in your effort.  Know that if you do not answer, I may still note that you were asked to explain.  You may or may not agree with the review once it is done, but I really don't care what you think.

My Reply:
I appreciate your continued “fair & balanced” reporting. There was no effort on my part to “strong arm” KRMG. If anyone has any questions of what happened they can read my blog at www.okteaparty.blogspot.com for my answers to the questions. I know that you will report whatever you want to about me, and the Tea Party, just like you did to Sally Bell, but I don’t care. You claim to be a News Reporter, but you are actually just another mostly left leaning blogger, who has marginalized himself with his rancor toward true conservatism. 
His Reply:
Always nice to know where someone stands.  I quote who and what I want in the development of any news and or analysis - there is a difference between the two.  Insults are not advancing your cause so stop writing today.  In other words I know it will be hard as focused on control as you are, but shut up - it will be better for you in the long run.

This is my final reply. To ALL who would try to intimidate me, or bully me, know this:

I WILL NOT BE COWED BY YOUR SUPPOSED SUPERIORITY, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN INVOVED IN POLITICS SINCE BEFORE I WAS BORN. THE CAREER POLITICIANS, AND THE "OLD GUARD" MEDIA ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM, AND ARE IN THE CROSSHAIRS OF THE TEAPARTY! THIS IS YOUR WARNING! WE ARE COMING FOR YOU, AND YOU WILL NO LONGER WIELD ANY POWER WHEN WE ARE FINISHED!


 

Yes, you may print this in it’s entirety. No, you may NOT pick and choose the parts you would like to use.

Thank you,

 

Jai Blevins



blogger templates | Make Money Online